The Art and Science of Turning Theory Into Action
Applied Innovation is a highly-engaging workshop that jump starts creative thinking, collaboration, commitment, and the kind of behavior change that closes the gap between the theory and the practice of innovation.
Clearly, all forward thinking organizations want to increase their employee's innovation competencies. The question, as always, is how. While pep talks, polls, and whitepapers may get the conversation going, they rarely lead to measurable results. That's where Idea Champions' Applied Innovation comes in. Hands on, pragmatic, and inspiring, it not only gets the creative juices flowing, but provides the kind of structure and substance that makes it easy for participants to apply the learnings on the job immediately.
Our mission is to activate the process that enables individuals to become proactive innovators and catalysts for a culture of innovation.
Organizations don't innovate. People do. And so, if your organization is committed to raising the bar for innovation it will need to find authentic ways to help its workforce understand, embrace, and realize its latent ability to be a force for positive change. You can talk about "culture of innovation" until the sacred cows come home, but talk is cheap. Action is required. And not just any action. Informed action. Intelligent action. Inspired action.
That's what Applied Innovation is all about. It gets people challenging old assumptions, conceiving new possibilities, originating breakthrough ideas, working together, and jump starting the process of helping their organization foster a dynamic, authentic, humane, and sustainable culture of innovation.
Who Should Attend:
“Idea Champions offers pragmatic tools and insights that enable innovation. Their approach is engaging, encouraging and creates an impetus for participants to apply the learning immediately.”|
Michael Serino, Senior Director, Merck
- Business leaders of the future
- Forward thinking managers
- Innovation champions
- Creative thinkers
- Movers and shakers
- Change agents
What You Will Learn:
- How to identify and transform limiting assumptions
- How to identify the core questions needing to be addressed
- A seven-step model for fostering a culture of innovation
- Best innovation practices of leading organizations
- How to jump start a culture of innovation
- How to diffuse risk-averse, nay-saying behavior
- How to leverage your strengths as an in-house innovator
- How to tap the collective brainpower of a room full of people in 45 minutes
What You Will Get:
- A deck of 55 innovation-sparking cards (Free the Genie)
- A book on the art of manifesting breakthrough ideas (Awake at the Wheel)
- Three innovation whitepapers
- On Creating a Culture of Innovation
- The Top 100 Lamest Excuses for Not Innovating
- 100 Ways to Spark Creative Thinking on the Job
- Three creative thinking guidebooks:
- Qualities of an Innovator
- Lead Into Gold
- Blue Sky Thinking
- The information, inspiration, ideas, tools, and confidence to spark real innovation